When you register with OER Commons or one of our sites, you can create a portfolio, review, tag, and rate items, and contribute your own content to the site.
- Tag: Tags are words you use to classify a resource in a way that is helpful to you. Choose Tag This Item from the Actionsdropdown in the search results, or from the right column of the individual resource.
- Rate: You may rate a resource to mark the relevance and value of that resource. Choose Rate This Item from the Actionsdropdown in the search results, or from the individual resource screen.
- Review: You may write a review about resource, writing commentary about how you used the resource, the quality of the resource, and information about how others might use this resource. Reviews are public to all users. Choose Review This Item from the Actions dropdown in the search results, or from the individual resource screen.
- Save: You may save an individual resource or a search query to your portfolio. Both of these functions help you easily access the resources at a later time. To save an individual resource, choose Save This Item from the Actions dropdown in the search results, or from the individual resource screen, in the right portal above the tags for that resource. To save a search, choose Save This Search from the search query, in the right portal above the tags for that search.
- Note: You may add a private note to an item, viewable only by you, by choosing Add Notes at the bottom of an individual resource.
- Contribute Content: You may submit open educational resources to OER Commons if you control the copyright or licensing, and if the materials are freely hosted online. OER Commons does not provide hosting of the actual items. To submit materials, click on the Contribute Content button at the top of any OER Commons page.